Well…pour yourself a cuppa’, get comfy, and join us! The You Can Homeschool podcast (aka Tracey and Pat) is celebrating a full year of podcasting – and we want YOU to get the benefits of it! You may find it surprising to discover some of the things one can learn after a year of…well, in this case, podcasting. But, see if you might be able to use our lessons in your homeschool in the coming year.
Hold on, tho – there’s so much MORE in this episode, so take a listen…
Pat Fenner, from Breakthrough Homeschooling, and Tracey Hagerman, author of The Happy Homeschooler, candidly discuss all things homeschooling: the good, the bad, and the brilliant. Go ahead and grab your favorite drink, find a cozy spot, and join this week’s lively discussion. Follow us on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcast, Spotify, Stitcher, Amazon, IHeart Radio, and please leave us a review! Support this podcast: https://anchor.fm/you-can-homeschool/support
A year of podcasting is quite an accomplishment – it harkens back to how we felt after our first year of homeschooling, too! Join us as we reminisce a bit – lessons we’ve learned (that may apply to you and your homeschool, as well), our Top Episodes (based on listener’s downloads), and of COURSE, enter our “podcastversary” book giveaway! Leave a comment on Instagram or below the show notes to enter.
For show notes, head over to BreakthroughHomeschooling.com/what-you-can-learn-from-a-year
Links mentioned in this episode:
- Self-Publishing School (SPS) (aff) – If you’re an aspiring author – or know one – this is the place to be! – https://bit.ly/3iUvbgt
- Review of “The Happy Homeschooler” – https://bit.ly/2TPYQg7
- The Homeschooler’s Table – Homeschool Momma Membership Group – Find support and encouragement with like-hearted moms… – https://bit.ly/thehstable
If you’d like us to talk about a homeschool-related topic that’s on your mind, please feel free to leave us a message here.
And DO reach out to us on socials – just make sure you let us know you heard our podcast, while you’re at it!
Tracey Hagerman – traceyhagerman.com
Before you go, don’t forget to “like” and subscribe!
We’ll see you next time!
YCH Episode 50 Shownotes
Scroll down to find links to resources mentioned in this episode.
Lessons we’ve learned from the past year of podcasting…
that apply to your home education efforts, too!
- * The value of perseverance: little by little things get done
- * Accountability makes all the difference. Having someone along for the ride really helps you stay on track.
- * Don’t be results-driven: we do our best and leave the rest to the Lord.
- * Don’t be afraid to try new things – who know what’s gonna happen?!
- * Take ownership of what God’s called you to do!
- * Live and work using whatever schedule works for you…but DO have a schedule of sorts. Having an idea of what’s coming up prevents you from stressing out about the future.
We’re hosting a “podcastversary” book Giveaway**!
2 WAYS TO ENTER – CONTEST CLOSED
1 – Head over to Instagram to this post and leave a comment. What was a key takeaway you had from this episode? What question did you have when it was over? What is an experience or life lesson YOU want to share… OR
2 – Leave a similar comment below
** The “podcastversary” book giveaway is open until Monday, July 5, 2021. Winners will be notified via dm. Open to US and Canadian residents only. The giveaway is neither sponsored nor endorsed by Instagram or Facebook.
Top 5 Episodes in the Past Year
#5 – Episode 35: Homeschool Curriculum That Rocks! March, 2021
#4 – Episode 4: Am I Covering Everything I Need to Teach? August, 2020
#3 – Episode 5: How to Plan Out Your Homeschool Year August, 2020
#2 – Episode 9: How Do I Homeschool with Little Ones Around? Sept, 2020
TOP EPISODE OF ’20-’21 – Episode 34: The Link Between Primitive Reflexes and A Child’s Ability to Learn March 9, 2021
What to look for in the coming year
- * More guests – y’all seem to like when we add our friends to the convo…friends who have something that can help you with your homeschool
- * Interviews with homeschool graduates – sometimes it helps to know that since others have successfully homeschooled…building that “we can do it, too!” attitude
- * Spoiler alert! In this episode, Tracey dishes on the next 5 or 6 episodes coming out – but you’ll have to listen to discover what they are… (and it’s totally worth it!)
Links/resources mentioned in this episode:
Help us spread the word! If you enjoyed this episode of the You Can Homeschool podcast, please head over to Apple podcasts, leave a rating, write a review, and subscribe! And if you listen on Stitcher, please click here to rate and review the show.