compensation for products you purchase. Read our full Affiliate Disclosure here.
Greetings and welcome to #breakthrulinkup 34!
Today I have a treat for you...
My friend Sue, from WelcomeHeart has a series called "Every Table Tells a Story", which was a series of guest posts where bloggers shared their own "hospitality stories." I was honored to be included in that line-up, so today she's returning the blessing by sharing her brand new summer Bible study...AND her recipe for Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Brownies (yes, everything good that chocolate stands for!)... Hope you enjoy both 🙂
I'd hate for you to reach the end of the summer thinking:
“How did that happen? Summer is almost over and I never began a Summer Fun Bible Study!”
Who said Bible Study couldn’t be *fun? God created fun, after all. Which reminds me of when our eldest child went through 6th-grade facts of life course at the public school. At recess, her friends were discussing what they had just heard, and Bonnie piped up: “Well, God created sex so I don’t think we need to worry about it.” (#whew #homeeducatingwhiledoingpubliceducation)
Back to summer fun.
Hospitality, 101: Lessons From the Ultimate Host is a great way to spend the rest of your summer. Yes, it’s a 12-week course, but the chapters are short and do-able and you can double up if you like. And it includes recipes. Who doesn’t like a good recipe? And they are easy recipes because who doesn’t like a good easy recipe?
Each chapter is divided into three (fun) parts:
- God’s Hospitality on a Platter: studying God’s welcome to us
- RSVP: Accepting God’s Hospitality: evaluating our response to His welcome
- Passing the Platter: practicing a little simple hospitality each week, including simple recipe
Chapter titles include:
“God’s Welcome: The Open-Arms Inn”
“God’s Invitation: It’s All About the People”
“God’s Provision: What’s in the Pantry?”
“God’s Open Heart: Developing a Hospitality Worldview”
You might want to do this on your own and take your time. Or invite a neighbor or two and introduce them to the welcoming heart of God. Right now my dear friend Erin and I are working our way through it and having a blast (see *fun above.)
I wrote this study because my mentor, Laurie told me I had to and I usually do what she says. But I had never sat “under it” myself until now and it’s a great study for both old and new believers as well as “seekers” seeking more to life than a good meal.
Did I mention recipes? Here’s one of our family favs that gets raves: Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Brownies.
I know. Get a napkin. For the drooling.
A party and a dog and a Bible Study. Get started on it today!
Want support from a fellow homeschool mom?
If you haven't already, please accept this invitation to receive my weekly newsletter - Top-of-the-Week Breakthrough. Find inspiration and get equipped to:
- homeschool through high school...
- get through the day...
- reach your teen...
- balance your life and homeschooling...
Join us - and let's continue on the journey TOGETHER!
And now let's party...
Just a reminder...
- By linking up, you're agreeing to share up to 3 family-friendly posts, and visiting at least 2 other posts (just to be friendly-like!). Sharing here also gives us permission to use and share your photos and posts, giving you credit, of course.
- I love Pinterest, and if you include a pin-friendly photo, it'll make it easy-peasy for me to share your post there. (hint-hint).
- I appreciate your linking back to us in your post or on your blog. If you'd prefer an image, feel free to use my Breakthru Linkup button.
Oh, and would you be so kind as to Tweet this to invite others?