compensation for products you purchase. Read our full Affiliate Disclosure here.
Welcome to #breakthrulinkup 29!
Would you say that your teen is stressed out?
Recent studies have shown that the major causes of teenage stress are school-related and boy, can I identify with that one! As I mention in the video below, the three teens we have at home right now are all in the throws of major school stress (for various reasons) and that's liable to throw 'most any household out of whack...
Additionally, a 2014 teen stress survey indicated teen stress levels even higher than that of adults, not surprising to believe when our kiddos are also bombarded by the drama that accompanies growing social media engagement these days. (Source)
Thow into the mix conflict with parents and siblings and those never-welcome emotional surprises that a teen's hormones throw in...and yup, you've got a master recipe for stress.
Teenage stress management tools
Which is why I was drawn to my friend Jed Jurchenko's new book "131 Stress-busters and Mood-busters for Kids." Don't be fooled by the title, however, 'cause most of the techniques he describes can definitely be applied to tweens and teens!
Watch my interview with him here (my apologies in advance for some technical glitches!):
This is a link to the PDF with 10 techniques you can try now that Jed put together for you to get started...
Finally, if you're looking for some more practical help for teen stress management, this guide, from HealthyChildren.org, will help your teen create their own personal stress management system!
Here's to a stress-free (or at least less stressful) family!
Join hundreds of other families who receive my weekly newsletter - Top-of-the-Week Breakthrough! Find inspiration and get equipped to:
- homeschool through high school
- get through the day
- reach your teen
- balance life and homeschooling!
And an instant Bonus, too: immediate access to special subscribers-only resources...
Let's continue on the journey together!
And now let's party...
Just a reminder...
- By linking up, you're agreeing to share up to 3 family-friendly posts, and visiting at least 2 other posts (just to be friendly-like!). Sharing here also gives us permission to use and share your photos and posts, giving you credit, of course.
- I love Pinterest, and if you include a pin-friendly photo, it'll make it easy-peasy for me to share your post there. (hint-hint).
- I appreciate your linking back to us in your post or on your blog. If you'd prefer an image, feel free to use my Breakthru Linkup button.