Welcome to #breakthrulinkup 25!
Hi there! Besides being thrilled to greet the spring season, we’re knee deep in graduation/end-of-the-year mania around here. But let me tell you a scary thing that happened to me recently…
So, kiddo #4 will be off to college in the fall, and (long story short which I’ll share in a future post) he determined that he needed to activate “Plan B” – which, to my dismay, didn’t actually exist. In other words, he had been SO set on going to his first choice college that he hadn’t even considered any alternates. And when we sat down and figured that somebody would need to “show us the money”…and they weren’t. Well, I’ll bet you can imagine what was going on in this poor momma’s head and heart! Hmmm…
While trying to hold in my panic, son and I sat down and, after some discussion and further research, decided on an alternative school to which he would apply. He promptly pulled up the website, downloaded the application, and got to work. And then I saw it.
The incredible and ridiculously over-the-top educational history required from us because, you guessed it, we were homeschoolers.
And this wasn’t a low-budget, second-rate school, either. I really found it hard to imagine that after all these years, there was/is still a school around that added extra hurdles to homeschoolers!
But it didn’t matter what I thought, anyway. I realized that I was gonna have to do Sherlock Holmes-level sleuthing to put together all the info required for this application: course description, course source, books used, name of teacher (for outsourced courses), and more. For every. Non-elective. College-required. Course. He. Took.
Well, it did take me a while, and it proved to be quite the bonding experience for my son and myself. But we pulled it off! Between an incredible spreadsheet I created (if I do say so myself!), the standard transcript that I DID have up-to-date (thank goodness!), and a snazzy-looking student resume that we crafted, we were both proud of the product that I sent off…
Haven’t heard back yet, tho – so you’ll have to tune in for “the rest of the story,” as they say!
Heads up! There’s still time to…
- Grab this short Easter Week devotional you can do with your family. It’s 5 days’ worth of Scripture and discussion that is sure to spark some relevant and soul-inspiring conversation. Download Beyond the Cross – An Easter Week Devotional here.
- Pick up your own copy of my Passover guide while it’s still available! It’s a great event to host and arrange with your teens; a truly meaningful way to crush the commercialism of the Easter season…
Homeschooling High school?
Join hundreds of other families who receive my weekly newsletter – Top-of-the-Week Breakthrough! Find inspiration and get equipped to:
- homeschool through high school
- get through the day
- reach your teen
- balance life and homeschooling!
And an instant Bonus, too: immediate access to special subscribers-only resources…
Let’s continue on the journey together!
And now let’s party…
Just a reminder…
- By linking up, you’re agreeing to share up to 3 family-friendly posts, and visiting at least 2 other posts (just to be friendly-like!). Sharing here also gives us permission to use and share your photos and posts, giving you credit, of course.
- I love Pinterest, and if you include a pin-friendly photo, it’ll make it easy-peasy for me to share your post there. (hint-hint).
- I appreciate your linking back to us in your post or on your blog. If you’d prefer an image, feel free to use my Breakthru Linkup button.
[inlinkz_linkup id=768477 mode=1]
Oh, and would you be so kind as to Tweet this to invite others?